Tuesday, March 1, 2016

You help me, I help you!

I helped someone at work today,
Showed him how things may not go his way,
It troubled him deeply but said
It was good he knew the truth,
I empathized with him, he thanked me,
said, 'Hey! You help me, I help you!'.

It shook me but saddened me more,
Reminded of what is strange with our world
I helped you, I was genuinely concerned,
Not looking for what I gain in return.

There is a scale for emotions,
There is rule book for kindness too.
Does it tell you to be thankful to many
Those you don't know and can't return?
If you give more and expect nothing,
You might just be able to settle your score.
Because if you don't,
Life might render you with an unforeseen debt,
Would you burden your soul as you left?

1 comment:

  1. The last two lines are extremely thought provoking and beautiful....!

    ReplyDelete