This last year I have been living with a housemate and have gotten used to having someone around. And then spent two months at home around people, and another month in my house in Washington DC with my husband. I got used to having people around me. While my husband was around me, he spoiled me a lot. He would cook for us, even clean the house whenever he could. He was helping me to catch up with work and not worry about the chores at home. And it was a huge help; I had a very comfortable one month.
And then both my housemate and my husband left. After three months of much hullaboo at my home and at our wedding, I was all alone. I should mention here that before moving to this house, I had lived all by myself for two years and it was perfectly fine. But now I suddenly felt lost and lonely. I just could not connect to anything around me. I would work and then come home, order in, eat and
sleep.
But today when it is almost time for my housemate to return home, I decided to stop being sloppy and clean the house of all the mess. This was something I had been putting off for quite sometime. I was lazy, it seemed boring and tiring. But to my surprise, when I cleaned my house today, I felt more in touch with all that was around me. I felt that I belong here and that this is my niche. Cleaning let me experience and explore every part of my house. It gave me time where my senses were not over-powered by technology or even my own thoughts. It was a simple connection of me and my surroundings. Of being in the moment. Being in the present. That's it.
And then both my housemate and my husband left. After three months of much hullaboo at my home and at our wedding, I was all alone. I should mention here that before moving to this house, I had lived all by myself for two years and it was perfectly fine. But now I suddenly felt lost and lonely. I just could not connect to anything around me. I would work and then come home, order in, eat and
sleep.
But today when it is almost time for my housemate to return home, I decided to stop being sloppy and clean the house of all the mess. This was something I had been putting off for quite sometime. I was lazy, it seemed boring and tiring. But to my surprise, when I cleaned my house today, I felt more in touch with all that was around me. I felt that I belong here and that this is my niche. Cleaning let me experience and explore every part of my house. It gave me time where my senses were not over-powered by technology or even my own thoughts. It was a simple connection of me and my surroundings. Of being in the moment. Being in the present. That's it.
I simply loved this post! I could connect so much to the ending of it. It is simple and effective. I have to admit that it gives me so much pleasure and maybe even a feeling of being proud to know my surroundings, to be able to exactly answer what is kept where etc etc...
ReplyDelete:)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete