Saturday, October 3, 2015

Sangam



This painting began when I painted the dancer's skirts. They looked like ballerina's skirts. While one envisions classical art being performed in the fanciest of theaters, I asked myself, why couldnt I depict a ballerina (or any other classical dancer) outside, in touch with the nature, a place where creativity belongs. And that is how this painting began and evolved.
The hands of the dancers depict the symmetry that dances demand. They have bodies grounded in the earth under their feet, which provides balance, strength and stability and from where the energy flows up. Core is where the maximum energy resides, feels the music and creates movement which dissipates happiness around. It is this playful mingling of body and soul that give rise to visually appealing delicate movements depicted as the flowers. Dancers tell stories, much like those told to children under the stars. The stories are like clouds that rain and disappear, after which the new ones come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment